Skiing in Val di Fiemme
Val di Fiemme hosts legendary mountains on one side, and on the other wide open spaces so unique that they will leave you breathless. And between, there are long slopes surrounded by a landscape of haunting beauty. There is something for all tastes: from Alpine skiing to Nordic. Skiing in Val di Fiemme has never been easier: the tracks were created both for beginners and for experts.
Our Bellamonte Wellness & Spa Hotel is the ideal starting point to reach the most famous tracks of Trentino. Val di Fiemme offers approximately 100 km of perfectly maintained slopes and tracks. Take advantage of our Bellamonte & Dolomiti Ski Safari offer (skiing and wellness: the perfect combination) to experience the magic of our valley.
You can ski in Val di Fiemme using the Skipass Fiemme/Obereggen which allows access to 5 tracks:
- Alpe Cermis
- Alpe Lusia
- Ski Center Latermar
- Passo Oclini
- Passo Rolle
All ski areas pay special attention to young skiers who want to learn skiing, play and have fun, for this reason they are equipped with snow parks, kindergarten and training slopes for beginners.
Skiing in Val di Fiemme: Alpe Cermis
The Ski Area Alpe Cermis is located in Cavalese, and is easily reached in just 20 minutes by car or you can use the ski bus, which is included in the Val di Fiemme Winter Tourist Card.
Alpe Cermis is one of the most important ski resorts of Val di Fiemme with its 23 km of slopes and is suitable for all needs. At 2,000 metres there are the easier slopes (blue) moving up to those suitable for the more experienced (and courageous) known as “black” such as the Olimpia, 7.5 km long with a vertical drop of 1,400 metres. At Alpe Cermis the day does not end with the sunset, but on Wednesdays and Friday from 19.00 to 22.30 the Olimpia track illuminates, to discover the magic of night skiing.
For children there is a ski school and the Cermislandia, an amusement park with skilled entertainers. Here, your children can have fun playing in the snow. A must for the whole family is the Via del Bosco: a 5 km track where your children can ski while having fun and coming across animals, riddles and rhymes. For more information visit the official website of Alpe Cermis.
Skiing in Val di Fiemme: Ski Area Alpe Lusia
In the immediate vicinity of our hotel you will be able to access the Ski Area Alpe Lusia. Its great breadth and variety mean it is a paradise for families, couples and friends who love the snow. From the lift you can enjoy a splendid view of the Pale di San Martino!
The Ski Area Alpe Lusia offers 26 km of slopes for beginners (at Bellamonte) and for expert skiers (at Moena). For those who don’t like skiing, snowshoes are a viable alternative. At Alpe Lusia there are many paths that will lead you to the lodges for a well-deserved rest.
For lovers of snowboarding there is the Snowpark Morea: a park which allows you to raise your technical level via a gradual sequence of kickers and fun boxes until you are able to achieve 17 in a row! For children there are many entertainment possibilities:
- The Kinderheim (Lair of the Gnomes) is located at the valley station of Bellamonte. It offers daily activities: creative workshops, games, cooking activities, face painting for children, stories about the woods, about gnomes and more to entertain your children;
- Lusialand (playground) is located in Moena near the Chalet Valbona, the perfect place to entertain the children with qualified staff and for those who wish, it offers children the opportunity to have lunch with friends and entertainers, for more information click here;
- Ski schools for young skiers with expert teachers.
What to say? Maybe that the weather is perfect and such a magnificent view #tyrol #tirol #trentino #italianalps #alps #mountains #snow #winter #ski #ski🎿 #skiing #skiingholiday #skiconditions #ski⛷#alpineskiing #narty #narciarstwo #skilift #bellamonte #alpelusia #bluesky #sunnyday #śnieg #zima #nartowanie #nanartach #szusowanie
Skiing in Val di Fiemme: Ski Center Latermar
The Ski Center Latermar straddles Trentino and South Tyrol and is one of the largest ski areas in the region. From Predazzo (only 10 minutes from the Bellamonte Wellness & Spa Hotel) you can take the cable car which will take you directly to the Ski Center Latermar.
This ski area guarantees snow throughout the winter (November to April) thanks to the modern artificial snow system. Throughout the season, each day can be a blast thanks to the great vastness of perfectly groomed slopes, breathtaking views and various mountain shelters where you can enjoy good food and spend the afternoon with music and fun.
The Ski Center Latermar has a total of 48 km of slopes for all tastes and skill levels. To enjoy active entertainment, even in winter, visit the Alpine Coaster Gardonè. Experience the fascinating thrill being aboard a sled for two people, a path of 980 metres made of breathtaking curves, bumps, jumps and 360° spins. For children, however, there are 3 parks located in the 3 cities hosting the large Ski Center Latermar:
- Brunoland, in Obereggen, with various attractions such as the magic carpet, the suspension bridge and much more;
- Kindergarten Bip Club, in Pampeago, is open daily for children older than 2 years and offers activities, workshops and performances every day. Externally there is an area where children, together with their parents, can learn to take their first steps on skis;
- The Realm of Dragons, in Predazzo, is a high-altitude playground equipped with diverse games and entertainment.
Skiing in Val di Fiemme: Passo Oclini and Passo Rolle
Passo Oclini is a jewel which is jealously kept hidden from mass tourism. It is nestled between the peaks of Catinaccio, Schiller, Brenta and Latemar, and is an ideal place to spend holidays away from the stress and bustle. Here you will find slopes of all difficulties and for those who decide to take their first steps on the snow, there is a ski school with experienced instructors. But Passo Oclini is also a paradise for cross country skiing: you will find numerous paths to choose from. For those who don’t like skiing, snowshoeing is a viable alternative in order to spend the day out in nature. For further information visit the official site of Passo Oclini – Jochgrimm.
The slopes of Passo Rolle are easily accessible from Val di Fiemme with a convenient bus service. Skiing in Passo Rolle is a unique experience, although the slopes are not numerous, its view of the Pale di San Martino and the Cimon is unparalleled. The slopes are suitable for both beginners and experts. Therefore, fun is guaranteed!
Remember to check the official website for snow reports and opening hours.
Skiing in Val di Fiemme: some events not to be missed
- From 2 to 9 February Cavalese and Pedrazzo hosts the Zecchino d’Oro on the snow
- On 2 February at the mountain shelter Rifugio Baita Passo Feudo the first Trentino Ski Sunrise event
- On 23 February at the mountain shelter Rifugio le Cune at Alpe Lusia the second Trentino Ski Sunrise event
- From 11 to 18 March the most important event in Val di Fiemme: the Dolomiti Ski Jazz
- From 18 to 28 March the first appearance of Fiemme Dj Ski Fest
In Val di Fiemme nothing is missing: slopes, snow and lots of fun for the young and old alike. Even for those who don’t like skiing, we point out some snowshoeing excursions in Val di Fiemme.
Photo credits: visitfiemme.it